Von: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. Juli 2005 17:45
An: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Not-Solved - Huge size of Output PDF when inserting 49 SVG
Images

On 19.07.2005 17:27:38 michella wrote:
> I already tried this alternate way, but it didn't change anything.
> (StrokeSVGText set to false)
>
> The SVG contains more or less 40 to 60 graphics (g). Each one having
> text with ellipses, rect, and so on.
>
> I tried the external Batik Rasterizer SVG to pdf conversion. The Pdf
> output is small (300k per SVG) ... and perfect.

The PDF Transcoder delivered with Batik is based on the FOP Trunk code
(redesign). It could very well be that there are considerable
improvements for your use case.

If all you do is basically use XSL-FO to place a set of SVGs on several
pages you could try the trunk source code.
http://xml.apache.org/fop/download.html#source

There's a little catch ATM: A bug may render the SVGs too small. I
already fixed that on my machine at home (I'm at ApacheCon ATM) but I'm
pretty sure I fixed it the wrong way. I still have to investigate that
and probably won't be able to fix it before next week. As a momentary
work-around you could make sure that the if-statement in the line below
(found in PDFXMLHandler.java) always resolves to "false":

old:
if (!at.isIdentity()) {

new:
if (false && !at.isIdentity()) {

Depending on your skills that may sound adventurous, but that's all I
can offer right now.

> The external-graphics tag included has two xsl-fo:blocks as parents (ie
> parent + grandparent). Could it be the problem?

No.

> Second : As you'll see, the graphics blocks are all in one single
> page-sequence and flow. Is there a problem with that?

No.