[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

OK, I'm stuck on this also.  My thought was to use the inline tag for the
inner text and apply a border to them, but I can't seem to get the border
to show up.  For example:

<xsl:template match="section">
<fo:block>
      <fo:table table-layout="fixed" width="100%" border-width="0..25mm"
border-style="solid" border-color="green">
            <fo:table-column column-width="50mm"/>
                  <fo:table-body>
                        <xsl:for-each select="line">
                              <fo:table-row>
                                          <fo:table-cell text-align=
"center" padding="1mm">
                                                <fo:block><
xsl:apply-templates select="."/></fo:block>
                                          </fo:table-cell>
                              </fo:table-row>
                        </xsl:for-each>
                  </fo:table-body>
      </fo:table>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="line">
<fo:inline border-width="0.25mm" border-style="solid" border-color="red"
color="blue">
      <fo:block><xsl:apply-templates/></fo:block>
</fo:inline>
</xsl:template>

I may be using the inline incorrectly so I am posting this to see if anyone
else has any ideas.

fo:inline is not fully implemented in 0.20.5. The spec dictates that it should generate its own area capable of having attributes such as border, padding, different line-height etc. However, in 0.20.5 it behaves the same as fo:wrapper just acting as an object that can pass inherited properties to its children.

<snip/>

Chris