On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 09:21:32PM +0200, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> On 20.07.2005 17:26:04 David Xicota Adell wrote:
> > Basically we need the widow-orphan lines features.
>
> Ok, this should already work in the trunk code.
>
> > And some advanced line treatment such:
> >  - Do not end X number of lines with the same word.
> >  - Do not start X number of lines with the same word.
> >  - Do not end lines with some characters.
>
> Ok, that is indeed advanced and, as far as I can see, not in the
> specification. If you need something like that you will most probably
> have to implement it yourself.

The new line breaking code is entirely based on Donald Knuth's boxes,
glue and penalties. It should be possible to modify the algorithm such
that it does the above. Each box has access to the text that it
contains, and it has pointers to the line endings of the preceding
lines. That would be an interesting exercise. But it is entirely out
of the scope of regular FOP.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping