On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 07:23 am, Prakash R wrote:
> I have a fo which looks like this:
>
> <fo:block>
>    <fo:table>
>    </fo:table>
>    <fo:table>
>    </fo:table>
>    <fo:table>
>    </fo:table>
>    <fo:table>
>    </fo:table>
> </fo:block>
>
> The number of tables in the fo:block is variable. Is
> there a way to lay the tables in a single row one
> after the other and if it does not fit in the same row
> to go on the next row.
>
> <table1> <table2> <table3>
> <table4> <table5>
>
> In the above example table1, table2 and table3 fit
> across the width of the page. table4 and table5 are on
> the next row.
>
> Each of the individual pages would resize to content
> and so in some cases 2 tables might be on one row
> while in some other case it might be as much as 4 in a
> row.

Prakash,

I don't think so (but I have been known to be wrong).

Also fop does not support auto table layout. This means you have to
specify column width on each column. If you do that you know the
overall width of each table and if you know the width of each table you
know how many fit on each line and then you can create a one row n-cell
table for each desired output line in your fo file.

That is the above becomes something like:

<fo:block>
   <fo:table>
      <fo:table-row>
        <fo:table-cell>
          <fo:table>
         </fo:table>
        </fo:table-cell>
        <fo:table-cell>
          <fo:table>
          </fo:table>
        </fo:table-cell>
        <fo:table-cell>
          <fo:table>
          </fo:table>
        </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>
    </fo:table>
   <fo:table>
      <fo:table-row>
        <fo:table-cell>
          <fo:table>
          </fo:table>
        </fo:table-cell>
      </fo:table-row>
    </fo:table>
 </fo:block>

I know that's not quite what you are after as you basically want this
type of transformation being done automatically by. May be you can do
that at the XSLT stage?

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Prakash

Manuel