I'm using 0.20.5 . Yes, I can run the debug. It will go on printing INFO[xxx] page until INFO[1653] it dies with an out of memory exception. When I make the simple tag change to break up the children and put them under numerous parents, I generate a 9 page PDF.

Regards,

Daniel

Andreas L Delmelle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
10/28/2005 06:34 PM ZE2Please respond [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To   fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
cc
bcc
Subject   Re: tags limit?

On Oct 28, 2005, at 18:36, Daniel Brown wrote:
> The file isn't very large actually. It's only a couple of pages.
> The situation seems to have emerged as more and more tags were
> added to a parent tag (for text formatting). There aren't many
> levels of nested tags, only a few. There are no graphics. I
> actually generate PDF files in excess of 400 pages on a regular
> basis. This is a much smaller file and a strange case. I found if I
> broke up the parent -> child into numerous parents -> child that
> FOP behaved normally again.

Did this happen when using FOP Trunk or 0.20.5? If it's the former,
and you are at liberty to provide the base FO file, please do.

But perhaps more important: have you tried running it with the '-d'
command-line option? Is there any indication about what's causing
this in the debug output?

Cheers,

Andreas