On Nov 2, 2005, at 15:10, Martin Hilpert wrote:

Hi,

I read about this error message:

"Some content could not fit into a line/page after 50 attempts. Giving up to avoid an endless loop."

for <fo:external-graphic> with the workaround to add the parameter content-width="scale-to-fit".

But I get this error message also when I include a SVG file:

    <fo:instream-foreign-object >
<svg:svg width="120mm" height="120mm" xmlns:xlink="http:// www.w3.org/2000/svg"> <svg:image width="120mm" height="120mm" xlink:href="{$chart}"/>
        </svg:svg>
    </fo:instream-foreign-object>

I tried adding content-width="scale-to-fit" to both <svg:svg> and <svg:image> lines, but it doesn't work. I also played with different sizes without success.

Don't add 'content-width' to the svg element, but to the fo:instream- foreign-object (+ if necessary: also the width and height properties). That should work (in theory).

HTH!

Cheers,

Andreas