I have tried to implement Saxon8.6 in place of Xalan but am getting errors. Are there other libraries I require?

Regards,
Daniel

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

11/11/2005 10:36 AM

Please respond to
fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
cc
Subject
Re: Large PDF - Performance

> In this respect, it may prove worthwhile to track down whether
> this difference is really caused by the XSLT processor itself,
> or merely by the fact that Saxon comes bundled with its own
> XML parser (AElfred).

>From the Aelfred web site on Sourceforge:

"Saxon versions from 7.2 onwards no longer include a built-in XML parser.
This decision was taken because Saxon is now dependent on JDK 1.4, which
includes its own XML parser, and therefore the original reason for
bundling a parser with Saxon has disappeared."

That listing is a bit out of date, as the last couple versions (8.5 and
8.6) of Saxon use the 1.5 JDK.

So, versions 7 & 8 of Saxon (which provide access to XSLT 2.0) use
Crimson. Version 6.x uses Aelfred. I believe the OP mentioned using Saxon
8, so the parser in question is Crimson.

FWIW

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services