I've never encountered a Type 1 font with russian characters before.
When I implemented the PFM parser I therefore couldn't provide for any
other character sets, especially since no others (except Korean, Chinese
and Japanese) are mentioned in the PFM documentation. However, I imagine
it is possible for a Type 1 font to contain more glyphs than are
accessible through the standard encoding. The problem: These glyphs are
defined in the AFM file of the Type 1 font which FOP can't parse, yet.
It is possible that these AFM files will be readable for FOP when the
new font subsystem is integrated. Efforts in this direction are underway.

In the meantime, you might want to use the TrueType variant of your font.