> so I'll let you know more detail soon (later today).

I had to add width="100%" to my fo:table instructions to avoid a warning
message.

I'm more than a bit of a purist (and a perfectionist, too), so I don't
think I'm done coding until I get 0 warnings. So, 0.90alpha1 worked on
most of my files (the ones that don't involve large images), but I had to
tweak my transforms to clean up warnings from tables.

I am pleased to report that bookmarks work perfectly.

Also, the new keeps are a huge code reducer for me. For example,

    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="@break='yes'">
        <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="detail" id="{generate-id()}"
break-before="page">
          <xsl:value-of select="$display-string"/>
        </fo:block>
        <xsl:apply-templates/>
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>
        <fo:table table-layout="fixed">
          <fo:table-column column-width="6.5in"/>
          <fo:table-body>
            <fo:table-row keep-with-next="always">
              <fo:table-cell>
                <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="detail"
id="{generate-id()}">
                  <xsl:value-of select="$display-string"/>
                </fo:block>
              </fo:table-cell>
            </fo:table-row>
            <fo:table-row>
              <fo:table-cell>
                <xsl:apply-templates select="child::*[1]"/>
              </fo:table-cell>
            </fo:table-row>
          </fo:table-body>
        </fo:table>
        <xsl:apply-templates select="child::*[position() > 1]"/>
      </xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>

becomes

    <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="detail" keep-with-next="always"
id="{generate-id()}">
      <xsl:if test="@break='yes'">
        <xsl:attribute name="break-before" select="'page'"/>
      </xsl:if>
      <xsl:value-of select="$display-string"/>
    </fo:block>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>

That's a tremendous gain in readability (and hence maintainability next
year) and must do at least something to improve memory usage and
processing speed.

So, as soon as I can get past the image scaling problem, I'll be set to
use the new FOP. I can scale the images by hand in an image editor if need
be, but I'd like to see if I can get content-width="scale-to-fit" to work
first.

To sum up, the new FOP is VERY nice and will soon do good things for my
document production system.

Thanks large.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services