On Dec 10, 2005, at 22:03, Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

<fo:external-graphic src="..."
    width="auto" content-width="auto"
    height="auto" content-height="scale-to-fit"
    scaling="non-uniform" />

Correction: this is OK

- width/height = "auto" means use content-size
- content-height="scale-to-fit", so content-width is our last hope, and that is "auto"

so that means we should be using the intrinsic image-width, determine width from there, so the e-g height becomes intrinsic image-height (and the block height).

and

<fo:external-graphic src="..."
    width="auto" content-width="auto"
    height="2.9cm" content-height="scale-to-fit"
    scaling="non-uniform" />

but here I'd expect the block height to be at most 2.9cm. That is currently not the case.

This seems to be giving strange results... Those interested, try it out. On my side, it seems like the intrinsic image height is used to determine the block height (?) Not the behavior I would expect...

Greetz,

Andreas