On Jan 20, 2006, at 9:22 AM, Glen Mazza wrote:
Clay Leeds wrote:
I understood the OP (pasted at the bottom of this msg) to mean there is a caching problem with the JPEG image of each chart.

Are you sure? The proxy/client is getting only a PDF document (MIME type application/pdf), no JPEGs. The JPEGs are incorporated within the PDF documents. Nothing is sent to the proxy/client until the PDF document is finished (would have to be, if only to solve the "Page 1 of XXX" resolution issues.) I would think the proxy/client would be completely oblivious to the fact that the PDF contains JPEGs within it when it receives the application/pdf stream.

No problem whatsoever with the rest of what you're saying, just this premise.

Glen

Heh... no, I'm not sure. That's what I understood the OP to mean when I read:

My problem is that the servlets which builds the
dynamic charts are called for the first time only. On the subsequent calls the
old charts are only built in PDF and the servlets are not getting
called.

I take this to mean that since FOP does not see a change in the URL/ servlet call generating the fo:external-graphic element, it uses a 'cached' version. I suspect that unless the call is modified--at least slightly--using a technique similar to what Jeremias described, FOP will continue to think that there is no need to call the servlet again, thereby causing the 'old' chart to be used.

Of course, it would help if vijay visu (the OP) would clarify this point.

Web Maestro Clay