If the compliance page says "partial", it doesn't mean it doesn't work.
It only means there may be some restrictions. In this case, it's
"partial" since there are some open questions about external-graphic and
instream-foreign-object.

Anyway, I've tested my advice and it works. Here's what I put into my FO
file:

      <fo:region-start extent="2cm" display-align="after"/>