Hi Thomas, thanks for your reply.

Thomas Schraitle <tom_schr <at> web.de> writes:
> On Saturday 06 May 2006 17:48, Matthew East wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to build (using fop 0.20-5) some pdfs of some guides which
> > are in Asian languages (Taiwanese, Chinese, Korean etc) and the
> > resulting pdfs don't show any of the characters, just hash symbols.

{snip}

> > http://mdke.org/ubuntu/fop/

{snip}

> 1. Check the font if it contains Korean characters

I don't really understand much about fonts, but on my system, if I view the "fo"
file in an editor and set my editor to display serif fonts, all the korean
characters appear fine.

> 2. Check your FOP configuration file.

I'm not using one.

> Probably you should also give FOP 0.92.x a try.

Probably, but so far I haven't managed to get it to work with my stylesheets,
and I haven't got much time to rewrite them at the moment. Hopefully there is an
easy way to make fop 0.20-5 work.

Matt