> I have the servlet working to create a PDF from an object list created
from
> our database.  I am writing the .xml to a file and them reading it back in
> which seems counterproductive.
> Is there a way to create the PDF on the fly without writing the xml to a
> file first.
> Thanks
> Calvn

Write the results into an output stream. Then convert the output stream into
an input stream and convert that into PDF.

I wrote a servlet to take the output from Saxon and turn it into input for
FOP. Here's the relevant chunk:

    // Here's where the output from Saxon becomes the input for FOP.
    ByteArrayOutputStream transformResult = transformXML(transform, source,
req, res);
    if (transformResult.size() == 0)
    {
      res.getOutputStream().println("Transform produced no output");
    }
    else
    {
      ByteArrayInputStream transformStream = new
ByteArrayInputStream(transformResult.toByteArray());
      makePDF(transformStream, res);
    }

HTH

Jay Bryant