Hi Jeremias,

I modified one of the examples, based on "examples/fo/pagination/franklin_2pageseqs.fo" and added a last page sequence to it.

see http://users.bigpond.net.au/buddy/fop/lastpagespans.fo

The example is not 2 columns but the bug is evident with no columns. If you remove the last fo:block with the span all the PDF renders correctly. Page-position="last" seems to be a factor here.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Adam

Jeremias Maerki wrote:
Column balancing is known to have some oddities. page-position="last" is
pretty new so it may well be that there are some problems left. An FO
file demonstrating the problem would be welcome.