Andreas,

I did add this line to my batch file, which does make it work, however I
still have to have the saxon8.jar and saxon8-dom.jar in my
java\lib\endorsed.

In fact my batch file works the same with or without the additional
TransformerFactory=...

I believe that FOP will automatically use saxon when it is found in the
endorsed folder (at least that's what I am doing now and it does work).

Thanks for the help, I guess I will just have to make sure the clients have
the two jar files in the endorsed folder.

Rick

If I recall correctly, the easiest way to achieve the effect you're
after is by modifying fop.bat to force the relevant JAXP system
property through the java command-line, e.g.:

java -Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=...

make this point to Saxon's TransformerFactory implementation, and you
should be good to go.

HTH!

Cheers,

Andreas