I will try to create a simple stand alone application to see how it works.
However I do not think it is JBoss the problem, first of all because it is
the FOP library that is responsable to create the PDF file, and second of
all is because it is working fine for both RTF and PLAIN_TEXT!

However you said it worked out fine for you!! so a little confused on how
come not working from a web environment.

I will also try download another FOP library from another miror .. who know
maybe I get lucky ;) :)

Thanks a lot for your help and support :)

best regards,
sim085