Hello:

Thank you very much for your help.  I took your advice and have solved my
problem with the table.

Unfortunately, now I have another problem.  Like I wrote yesterday,

I have created a table in XSL-FO where the output should look like:

$a    Name of $a
$b    Name of $b

My XSL-FO code is:

<fo:table table-layout="fixed" width="100%">
<fo:table-column column-width="40mm"/>
<fo:table-column column-width="10mm"/>
<fo:table-body>
<fo:table-row>
    <fo:table-cell>
  <fo:block>
<xsl:text>$</xsl:text>
<xsl:value-of select="label"/>
</fo:block>
     </fo:table-cell>
     <fo:table-cell>
<fo:block >
<xsl:value-of select="name"/>
  </fo:block>
  </fo:table-cell>
    </fo:table-row>
</fo:table-body>
</fo:table>

My XML code is:

<subfield>
<label>a</label>
<name>Formatted contents note</name>
</subfield>

Unfortunately, sometimes the <name> data exceeds the line of the column and
flows on over to the next line.  When this happens, my output columns resemble:

$a    Name of $a that goes over the
$b    line and ruins the relationship between <label> and <name>
$c    Name of $b

As you can see, when the <name> data in the one column exceeds the line, the 1
to 1 relationship between the <label> column and <name> column is lost.  The
<label> "$b" is no longer across to its name.  It is across to the second line
of the <name> for $a.

Is there a way to connect two different columns together so that their data
stays in synch?

I would like my output to look like:

$a    Name of $a that goes over the
        line
$b    Name of $b

Thank you very much for all of your help!

Best wishes,

Jackie Radebaugh

Library of Congress
Network Development & MARC Standards Office
Washington, DC
USA
Phone:  +1-202-707-1153
FAX:  +1-202-707-0115
E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Aug 21, 2006, at 20:55, Jacqueline Radebaugh wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Thank you for your message.  I am using FOP 0.20.5rc3a (I apologize
> for not including this in my first message.)

Well, 0.20.5 is ancient, so I'd definitely give 0.92beta a go (*).
It's stabler than the beta tag indicates, and offers far more features.

HTH!

Cheers,

Andreas

(*) http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.92/index.html