On a mac you can check the acrobat reader directories to get some type1 font
that works... ;)

(i'm not sure where are the system fonts instaled on macs)

The principle is the same and anyway, FOP is system transparent (hope my
faith isn't displaced, so far it isn't)... if you create a metrics file i'm
sure it will work with any kind of fonts that it suports albeit the OS its
under...

LF