To: <fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:21 PM
Subject: Re: Creating FO DOM directly

That may indeed look tempting but it is definitely not recommended
because you'd mix content and layout in your Java code which is the sort
of thing XSL (XSLT + XSL-FO) wants to keep apart. Furthermore, it's
much easier to change an XSLT than to change the Java code if the layout
changes. Finally, FOP does not provide an easy way to instantiate the FO tree
manually.