On Oct 31, 2006, at 09:28, Debasish Jana wrote:

Hi,

Possibly that's why, I see that memory is not being released to the same level since when the rendering was started. Is there any API that can force
memory cleanup after the rendering is done - success or failure?

None that I know of, but that should not be necessary. True, 0.92 still contains some leaks/bugs in this respect, but the new API was designed in such a way that (theoretically) only the objects that qualify for re-use will remain referenced, so subsequent rendering runs benefit from not having to recreate them.

I removed all forward references, and my page-sequence handles very few pages now, even then I face OutOfMemoryError, wondering what needs to be
done to get it through with high volume of data.

Now, I have no forward page-citations, no image, just a flat table with huge
number of rows, but I split that to multiple page-sequences

Here's the fo sample (I have cut it short to let you feel the usage, in case
I am doing wrong)...


Upgrade to the trunk. Definitely should help a great deal in your case.
FOP 0.92 did not yet clear the references to the FOs after finishing a page-sequence, and that seems to be exactly the cause of your OOMErrors...

Other than that, there's not much you can do, I'm afraid.


Also, where from I can get the latest FOP jar (binary) replacing my
fop-0.92b.jar which I use now.

Sorry, AFAIK, still no binaries served from the Trunk. OTOH, very easy to build from scratch if you can check out the source code with Subversion.

Let us know if you need help there.

If you can't build FOP Trunk from the sources, I guess the only thing you can do FTM is wait until 0.93 is released...


Cheers,

Andreas


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to