On 01.11.2006 12:48:16 Richard King wrote:
> Heya,
> Appologies for posting on this list but I am unsure where the barcode list is.

Is that so difficult to find out? Go to the Barcode4J website, open the
"Support" menu item and you'll see a link to the mailing lists.

> I am using barcode4J to generate a barcode for FOP 0.92.
> This is all working fine.
>
> However, I have had a request from the client to use
> Bar code font = IDAutomationC39M
> Bar code size = 18'
> Bar code style = Normal
>
> I am assuming this means a barcode of "code39".  Is this correct?

Probably.

> However, this will not allow me to use exclamation marks.  I have found
> that I can only have exclamation marks when I use "code128".  They have
> stated however that using the above font allows exclamation marks.

If you study the Barcode4J documentation for Code39, you'll see the
note: "The implementation currently doesn't support the extended character set."
That's the problem. So far, nobody needed it, so it isn't implemented.
You're welcome to send a patch to one of the Barcode4J mailing lists. Or
we can talk about an arrangement off-list that I implement it for you.