Hi Jeremias,

thanks a lot for your answers :-)

Update form Trunk works very fine now after setting the needed proxy in the
TortoiseSVN. The First Download and Update from Trunk works without the
Proxy-Settings. Maybe strange but never mind now.

My PDF-Output looks good at this moment. But maybe in further versions of FOP
this warnings are no longer warnings but errors and no output are generated.
Maybe I have a deeper look at the attributes to make a more decent FO-File for
FOP.

Best Regards,
Leeloo

Jeremias Maerki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
On 04.01.2007 15:33:45 leeloo5e79-docbook wrote:
> I still have a lot of errors using FOP in 0.92beta or better from Trunk I
> think. Since a while I can't update from Trunk: TortoiseSVN said:
> Error: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk'
> Error: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk': could not connect to
> server (http://svn.apache.org)
> Anything wrong with the server? Last year it worked fine.

The server could have been down for some reason. Just retry later. Or if
you're behind a proxy you may have to use "https" instead of "http".

> First message I got while converting a XML to PDF is
> org.apache.fop.fo.flow.TableColumn bind
> WARNING: table-layout="fixed" and column-width unspecified => falling back to
> proportional-column-width(1)
> Deleting table-layout="fixed" because it is not supported
> (http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-property-table-layout),
> produces another error/warning:

Nono. You'll have to leave table-layout="fixed" but you should specify
column-widths. But this warning can safely be ignored if you get the
expected output.

> WARNING: Warning(Unknown location): fo:table, table-layout="auto" is
> currently not supported by FOP
> 04.01.2007 11:11:34 org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyList convertAttributeToProperty
> FATAL: Ignoring property: column-width="proportional-column-width(1)"
> (proportional-column-width() function may only be used when fo:table has
> table-layout="fixed".; property:'column-width')
> What does this mean? Using column-with in fo:table which is supported by FOP
> (http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-property-column-width)
> without table-layout="fixed" produces an error. And using it with
> table-layout="fixed" because this is not support produces also an error.
> Somebody is understanding this? And table-layout="auto" are also not
> supported.

Not an error, a warning. table-layout="auto" is indeed not implemented,
yet, but "fixed" is. We're just nitpickers concerning your not
specifying column-widths in this case. :-)

> Next error seems to mean that the first row of a table is taller than the row
> should be:
>  org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.table.TableContentLayoutManager
> createElementsForRowGroup
> WARNING: The contents of row 1 are taller than they should be (there is a
> block-progression-dimension or height constraint on the indicated row). Due
> to its contents the row grows to 76820 millipoints, but the row shouldn't get
> any taller than MinOptMax[min=opt=max=14000] millipoints. (fo:table-row, no
> context info available)
> For some tables I specified a column-width, maybe this could be the error.
> But I do not specified the widths in millipoints but used proportional
> measure. So, there should be no taller row than they should be, or !?
> After the next rows the error causes with FOP in the FO-File

I guess I should write an FAQ entry about that. You specify "height" on
the row. By using "height" you implicitely set
block-progression-dimension.minimum, block-progression-dimension.optimum
and block-progression-dimension.maximum to the same value (see
"MinOptMax[min=opt=max=14000]" above). Now, if your content gets larger
than 14pt (76.820pt in your case) in vertical direction the content
actually violates a constraint (maximum=14pt). The warning message
actually says pretty much that. You probably just didn't know that
height maps to block-progression-dimension. "height" is only a
"corresponding" property. Again, it's a warning, not an error, although
strictly speaking, it is a layout error. Depends on your nitpicking
level. :-)

To get rid of the warning the usual work-around is to use
block-progression-dimension.minimum="14pt" instead of height="14pt".
This allows the table-row to grow as necessary while maintaining a
minimum height.

> Another error seems to have a problem with the PageBreakingAlgorithm:
> org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageBreakingAlgorithm updateData2
> WARNING: Part/page 1 overflows the available area in block-progression
> dimension. (fo:static-content, no context info available)
> To engender a PageBreak, I'm using .
>
> For the time being last error:
> org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.StaticContentLayoutManager doLayout
> WARNING: static-content overflows the available area. (fo:static-content, no
> context info available)

Similar problem as with your table-row. Your content is larger than the
available area you defined for your header or footer. Set a
background-color on the header and footer so you can visually see how
your content overflows.

> While writing this rows I found out, that this error occurs in the following
> row of the generated FO-File:

> I don't know why this error occurs. This XSL:FO is generated from the
> Docbook-XSL I think.
>
> Maybe these are all trivial errors/warings -> However PDF is generated.
> But it let being to suspicious. Has anybody some explanations? Or these
> are just faults whereof is still working?

Pretty trivial stuff generally. We're just pretty strict nowadays for
people who have a strict requirements on layout. Some (like me) want to
know exactly when something is odd. If your output looks good, you can
ignore the warnings. I guess that fixing some of them in DocBook may not
be trivial.