About Barcode4J
======================================

Barcode4J is a barcode generation package written in Java
and available under The Apache License version 2.0.

Features
======================================

1D barcode implementations:
- Interleaved 2 of 5
- Code 39
- Codabar
- Code 128, EAN-128
- UPC-A and UPC-E (with supplementals)
- EAN-13 and EAN-8 (with supplementals)

Postal barcode implementations:
- POSTNET
- Royal Mail Customer Barcode

2D symbologies:
- PDF417
- DataMatrix

Support for multiple output formats:
- SVG
- EPS (Encapsulated PostScript)
- Bitmap images (such as PNG or JPEG)
- Java2D (AWT)
- Text (for testing and debugging only)

Additional features:
- Two APIs (XML-oriented and Bean-style)
- Servlet with support for SVG, EPS and bitmap output
- Command-line interface
- Demonstration applet

Plug-ins/extensions for third-party products:
- Apache Xalan: SVG-generating XSLT extension
- The SAXON XSLT Processor from Michael Kay: SVG-generating XSLT extension
- Apache FOP: support as fo:instream-foreign-object

For more information about Barcode4J, please visit:
http://barcode4j.sourceforge.net

Release Notes
======================================

I'm pleased to announce the release of Barcode4J 2.0 alpha 1. It is the
first release after quite a long time. The most important new features
are:
- DataMatrix support
- PDF417 support
- Royal Mail Customer Barcode support
- EAN-128 support
- Updated extension for Apache FOP 0.93 and later
- Updated extension for SAXON 8.7 and later
- Support for barcode orientation
A detailed list of changes can be found here:
http://barcode4j.sourceforge.net/changes.html

I would like to ask the community for positive and negative feedback on
the new release. The code is extensively tested but due to some new
areas (notably the new 2D symbologies) please take care before
considering this release for use in production. If you stick to the
previously supported symbologies, you should be safe, though. I expect
the final release to happen within the next three months depending on
the amount of feedback I get. So please test the new stuff and tell me
about your experience!

If you like Barcode4J and can put it to good use, please consider a
donation to me (the amount is your choice). I've bought a barcode
scanner which supports all symbologies supported by Barcode4J so I can
better test the software. And that has to be paid somehow. :-)
http://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?user_id=225352

Special thanks to Thunderhead Ltd (http://www.thunderhead.com) for sponsoring
some of the new symbologies! And thanks to the latest contributors to
help improve Barcode4J! More help is always welcome!

Enjoy!
Jeremias Maerki

Files:
Checksums:
D0A57552E3523F201C46B663236BD73D  barcode4j-2.0alpha1-bin.zip
0AFFB54AA816BBD63484DE3C55E042E2  barcode4j-2.0alpha1-src.zip
62F25EAB41598CE32A834EA6E2FD06D8  barcode4j-2.0alpha1-bin.tar.gz
341F52B3ECE981749FC2BD5BAB16F0F7  barcode4j-2.0alpha1-src.tar.gz