Thanks you for your answers

Actually I afraid I did not ask my question clearly enough.
The @value which is the content of an XML File's element which contains
a String.
This String has to be formatted (a little bit if possible :-) ) with new
lines.
So that the text:

Mister T"NewLineChar"Hannibal Smith"NewLineChar"Looping

Where "NewLineChar" should be the expected character

After rendering FOP will look like in PDF format to:

Mister T
Hannibal Smith
Looping

Is it possible? Or should I find a way to use multiple blocks?

Thank you.

Miroslav