On debian fop is using: JAVA_OPTS. I have seen also FOP_OPTS being used.
Anyway the fop command is usally simply a wrapper around the java
command, so you could just open that file and change what ENV var they
are using for passing option to the java command.

HTH
-M
Ref:
http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Module_Attributes#How_To

Hello All,

I am trying to convert an XML document(approx about 110 pages long,
777KB) into a pdf document using an FO transformation. But it gives me
the following error.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

I tried the last three solutions mentioned here.
<http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.93/running.html>

But I donot know how to increase the heap size available to the JVM.Can
anybody let me know how to do it so I can try that last option too.

Thanks,
Sindhu

Email Firewall made the following annotations
--- NOTICE ---
confidential, privileged or proprietary information. If you have received it
in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original and
any copy or printout. Unintended recipients are prohibited from making any
other use of this e-mail. Although we have taken reasonable precautions to
ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail, we accept no liability for any
loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments, or for
any delay or errors or omissions in the contents which result from e-mail
transmission.