On Feb 21, 2007, at 14:37, Jeff Vannest wrote:

Hi Jeff,

I promised myself to ignore whatever spawned from the remainders of this thread, but decided to peek anyway, and I'm glad to have stumbled on this one:

<snip />
... we're not nice people; or rather, it's irrelevant whether we are.

That's certainly a /nice/ way to put it! I agree. :)

<snip />
I've only been reading for about a month now, and I find this group
to be very reasonable and dedicated.

Let's conclude with(*): one simply reaps what one sows here.
Ask a straightforward question, and you will get a straightforward answer. Be smart, and you will get smart answers. Start off by irritating us, and... Well, from time to time, one of us will bite and irritate you back. That is: if you're lucky. ;) Mostly, irritating non-questions are simply ignored.

What I find so peculiar in this case is that, on the one hand we are complimented on our website for giving the impression of 'FOP as a product' --All hail Web Maestro Clay, here--, which I take to be a good thing in Joe's eyes, unless we misunderstood each other there as well. On the other hand, it raises the question: Is our 'Getting Help' page really that hard to find, then?

Here we have a user, who submits Bugzilla reports. OK, so he gets the usual treatment: a simple concise statement that a certain bug was fixed in the trunk in one case. A polite question to please attach a small FO that demonstrates the bug in the other. In yet a third there is even an intent to gather the information necessary to implement the missing feature.

Oh well, I could go on for pages...
As a tribute to Joe, I think I'm going to have a crack at implementing fo:inline-container very soon ;)

Later

Andreas