On Mar 1, 2007, at 18:49, Ian Hendry wrote:

Hi,

I guess my setup is wrong - perhaps someone can help?

It doesn't seem to be. The only problem is this:

01-Mar-2007 17:43:30 org.apache.fop.cli.Main startFOP
SEVERE: Exception
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.apache.fop.fo.ValidationException: Error: First element must be the fo:root formatting object. Found fo:block inst
ead. Please make sure you're producing a valid XSL-FO document.

The FO document you're generating is not valid XSL-FO, as there is no fo:root node. You'll have to adapt your stylesheet so it produces a complete FO document, and not just a fo:block.

Cheers

Andreas