On Mar 6, 2007, at 20:54, Jeff Vannest wrote:

If you go that path, I suggest you split your process in two steps.

Okay, I understand. I assumed that XPath 1.0 came along for the ride with
XSLT 1.0, but I wanted to make certain.

If you go that path, I suggest you split your process in two steps.

I'm working with an embedded application, so Saxon sounds like the way to go. Unfortunately, I just don't have time for that additional work in my
development timeline.

Well, in that case, see my mail previous mail.

Either change the TransformerFactory implementation for *all* Java applications using JAXP (including FOP), or IIC, it should also work if you set the related Java System property programmatically, before calling upon the TransformerFactory in the embedding application:

System.setProperty("javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory", "net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl");

Cheers,

Andreas