On Mar 28, 2007, at 10:02, Vincent Hennebert wrote:

Hi Vincent,

<snip />
Anyway, this doesn't look desirable to me, and your question seems to
confirm my feeling ;-) Any other opinions on this?

FWIW:
I've just tried the most recent sample, and now indeed I see the problem. Even funnier is that, if you add a bit of text after the block with the forced break, that text simply gets swallowed. It disappears with the page-break.

Definitely a nasty bug, this one. :/

The other one (crash w/ IllegalStateException) could be a side-effect of the above. Last night, I did notice that a value of -1 for breakClass would mean that the 5-argument constructor of KnuthPenalty was used to create the penalty, but setBreakClass() hasn't been called afterwards. Normally, this latter method is called only in TableContentLayoutManager (line 215 IIRC), but there it only seems to pick up the break-before property...

Cheers,

Andreas