From: Vincent Hennebert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 4:39 AM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: text-align="justify" issues

Hi Kumar,

Indeed there seems to be something going wrong, caused by the
white-space-treatment property. Your change seems to fix part of the
problem, although I'd have to study it into more details. Sorry, right
now I have no time for that. If someone else wants to take the lead...
Properties related to the handling of whitespaces are a bit complex and
not easy to grasp correctly.

Note that if you remove the white-space-treatment property (or leave  it
to its default value) you will get a correct result. Maybe you can avoid
using it? You would have something working while waiting for the issue
to be corrected.

Vincent

Puppala, Kumar (LNG-CON) a écrit :
> Thanks for the response. I am hereby providing a sample FO file along with
> outputs generated using fop 0.20.5 and 0.94.
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?><fo:root
> xmlns:lnsm="http://www.lexis-nexis.com/lnsm";
> xmlns:lnvx="http://www.lexis-nexis.com/lnvx";
> xmlns:lnv="http://www.lexis-nexis.com/lnv";
> xmlns:lnvxe="http://www.lexis-nexis.com/lnvxe";
> xmlns:lnclx="http://www.lexis-nexis.com/lnclx";
> xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";><fo:layout-master-set><fo:simple-page-master
>  master-name="cover-end-page-first" page-height="11in" page-width="8.5in"
> margin-top=".5in" margin-bottom=".5in" margin-left=".9in"
> margin-right=".9in"><fo:region-body  margin-top=".25in" margin-bottom=".25in"
> column-count="2"/></fo:simple-page-master><fo:page-sequence-master
> master-name="cover-end-sequence"><fo:repeatable-page-master-reference
> master-reference="cover-end-page-first"/></fo:page-sequence-master></fo:layout-master-set><fo:page-sequence
>  master-reference="cover-end-sequence" force-page-count="no-force"
> initial-page-number="1" ><fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body"><fo:block
> white-space-treatment="pre
serve" white-space-collapse="false" color="#000000" font-family="Times"
text-align="justify" font-weight="normal" font-style="normal"
text-decoration="no-underline" font-size="10pt" line-height="1.35" ><fo:inline
color="#000000" font-family="Times" font-weight="normal" font-style="normal"
text-decoration="no-underline" font-size="10pt">Testing Apportionment
Apportionment Apportionment Apportionment Apportionment Apportionment
Apportionment Apportionment Apportionment Apportionment calls for the exercise
of an informed judgment on a consideration of many
factors.</fo:inline></fo:block><fo:block span="all"
/></fo:flow></fo:page-sequence></fo:root>

> If you notice these outputs, you will see that the second line clears shows
> that justification is not working properly. I was playing with the order of
> the elements created for a space in TextLayoutManager.java and was able to
> align the text properly on the left (refer to newFopUpdated.pdf) but still it
> does not justify properly on the right. The change I did to get it aligned
> properly on the left is:

<snip/>