On Sep 28, 2007, at 01:51, Kevin wrote:

Hi Kevin

The intermediate area tree xml gets produced fine and produces the PDF also from command line. But on server(Websphere 6.0) I get this exception in the code
which does the  AREA TREE -> PDF transfor.
<snip />

Can you show us a bit more of the Java code used to call FOP? I'm suspecting the below error message to mean that a part/component of FOP is being re-used, while it really should be a new instance for every run.

This could explain why the error never occurs from the command-line, since you do not run FOP twice inside the same JVM-session there...?

Thanks in advance

Andreas
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Current RegionViewport must be null
        at ...
org.apache.fop.area.AreaTreeParser$Handler $RegionViewportMaker.startElement
(AreaTreeParser.java(Compiled
Code))
        at
org.apache.fop.area.AreaTreeParser$Handler.startElement (AreaTreeParser.java
(Compiled
Code))
        at