On 10.10.2007 17:04:19 Johannes Katelaan wrote:
> It's a product called CombiFax developed by a German company
> (www.langner.com).
> Strange enough CombiFax is no able to handle TIFF directly. So I have
> to convert TIFF files to PostScript (using tiff2ps) before faxing them.
> In fact I tried to create TIFF output with fop 0.94, which I could
> convert to PostScript. But the quality of the resulting TIFF files is
> very poor, even if I increase the resolution. So this is not an option.

Can you post (or send me) an example which illustrates what you mean by
"very poor quality"? By now, TIFF output should be very close to
PostScript output. If there's something wrong, I'd like to know. Thanks.

> I think you're right. Their Level 2 implementation must be buggy or
> miss some essential features.

In their manual, they don't even say what kind of PostScript is
supported. That could indeed indicate that it's Level 1.

> So I think I will open a support call with Langner now and see what
> they have to say about this problem.

It will be very interesting to hear what they say. Please ask them why
they don't support sending bitmap images.