Let me try to understand your requirement. You have the following
page-sequences in your document

Page sequence for Index

Page sequence for Chapter1

Page sequence for Chapter2

And you want the page number to start off from 1 on Chapter 1 instead of

If this is what you want, you can set initial-page-number on the page
sequence for Chapter1 to 1 and then not mention this attribute on the
remaining page-sequences. Regarding page sequence for Index, you mention
the initial-page-number to 1 as well. The page number gets reset
whenever you mention the initial-page-number property on a particular
sequence.

Hope this helps.