On May 8, 2008, at 09:06, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
<snip />
It looks like /usr/local/share/fonts is another place where fonts can be on Unixes but that's not used by FOP, yet. Can a Unix Guru confirm that
it would be correct to add this directory to the other ones in
UnitFontDirFinder?

FWIW, no Guru over here, but anyway:
I think this can be safely added. If the directory does not exist, I assume IOCommons' DirectoryHandler simply adds nothing to the result list (see FontInfoFinder.find())? Only if the DirectoryWalker would not handle non-existing directories, we'd have to take care of that on our side as well, but checking the Javadocs, DirectoryWalker.walk () only throws an IOException if you pass null as the starting-point.

Cheers

Andreas