I'm curious as to the differences between how distances are measured between
different output formats. I've been trying to get a sheet of address labels to
align correctly and am noticing a vast difference between how they are rendered
in a PDF vs how they appear in PCL.

I use a combination of Eclipse and the Orangevolt XSLT plugin to develop my
style sheets and generate PDFs on a WinXP box because I can quickly see the
results. Ultimately, the documents will be rendered on an AIX system, normally
(though not always) as PCL. There are instances where the same document can be
rendered in either of these two formats, and that's why these differences make
me nervous.

In the case of the mailing labels, I'm noticing about a 1mm difference in
height for the table cells. PDF cells are right at 26mm and PCL at 27mm. That
sounds like a very slight difference, but it adds up to a 1cm difference over
the ten rows of the sheet of labels. Also, the top margin has a difference of
about 5mm between the two formats, with the first table row starting at 17mm in
the PDF output and about 12mm for the PCL version.

Can anyone give any insight? Is this just a driver thing?

I am running the 0.95beta on both machines. The fo is attached if you're
interested.

Thanks for the help!