Bingo! Makes perfect sense and fixes the problem.

I do actually need to reset the page numbers with each page sequence as there
are page numbers in header sections on some of the pages that need to start
over with each sequence. I had stripped them out in the sample file, trying to
get to the root of the problem.

Thanks!

>>> "Amick, Eric" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 5/19/2008 1:38 PM >>>
Your second page sequence has an initial-page-number of 1. Since the first page
sequence generated only one page, and the starting page number of the second
sequence is odd, FO is required to generate a blank page by default. The
solution depends on what you're after. If the second sequence is supposed to
have a starting number of 1 and you don't want the blank page, add the

force-page-count="no-force"

property to the first page sequence. If you just want the page numbering to
continue from one sequence to the next, the simplest solution is to remove the
initial-page-number from the second page sequence.

Eric Amick
Legislative Computer Systems
Office of the Clerk