Hi Tav,

Looks like you did everything right on your side, so indeed this may be
a Fedora packaging problem. After a quick search I didn’t manage to find
the corresponding rpm, in order to have a look into it. But apparently
things differ quite a bit from the upstream package.

The FOP_HYPHENATION_PATH method works only if you’re using the original
fop script. Try to figure out how FOP is called in Fedora. I bet this is
a customized shell script that calls java in some way. Maybe you will
then be able to figure out how to add fop-hyph.jar to the classpath.

Perhaps a separate rpm exists that provides hyphenation files? At any
rate it looks like a good idea to contact the package maintainers and
ask them if they modified anything WRT the upstream version.

HTH,
Vincent