Yah, I've somewhat inherited this system and I'm still learning about the
technologies.. so I wouldn't have known this wasn't the smart way to go.. :)

Will try the PCL Renderer...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, 1 June 2008 5:00 PM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: best format for high speed printing

Huh? You convert PDF to PCL? Why don't you use the PCL renderer? That
removes the seemingly time-consuming conversion from PDF to PCL. Or
rather, if you can choose, I'd go for PostScript output. PDF is not the
only output format FOP supports directly:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/output.html#pcl