What I mean by 'escaping' is that if I put the following in my fo:

<fo:block ...>

{ \line \line \line \line \line \line \line \line \line \line \line \line
\line }
</fo:block>
Which is just some RTF markup, is output as:

\{  \\ line \\ line \\ line \\ line \\ line \\ line \\ line \\ line \\ line
\\ line \\ line \\ line \\ line \}

Where the RTF markup is being escaped and I am seeing the \line s as text in
my output...