Ulrich,

We found fop 0.20.5 required these fonts on some RH versions, even in headless mode:
xorg-x11-deprecated-lib

The fop errors we saw were different, but still misleading.

I don't think java 1.6 was around when that version of FOP was written either FWIW.

Regards,
*Roland *

Ulrich Mayring wrote:
Chris Bowditch wrote:

v0.9x is a complete re-write of 0.20.5 so I don't think that is a fair assumption.

AFAIK the dependency on a graphical environment was due to Batik, so the complete rewrite of fop may not have any bearing on this issue.

I am guessing that some X libraries weren't installed, is there any information which ones are actually needed?

If that were true then specifying -Djava.awt.headless=true would resolve the issue. Its more likely that FOP got stuck in an infinite loop due to some complex FO that you gave it.

No, I can disprove that.

Fop works fine on any machine not running Fedora 9. In fact it worked fine on Fedora 4 and after doing nothing else but upgrading that machine to Fedora 9 it broke.

The only explanation I can think of is the X libraries issue.

Ulrich

This e-mail is solely for the use of the intended recipient and may contain information which is confidential or privileged. Any unauthorised use of its contents is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender via return e-mail and then delete the original e-mail.