I'm sure I'm betraying my ignorance here, but can a Type-1 font be used in PCL
output? What I'm really after is a single font that I can use across PDF, PCL,
and PS output to make sure the rendering is the same. Is this possible? I read
the documentation about generating Type-1 font metrics
(http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/fonts.html), but I'm not sure if that
implies they can be used with specific output formats. Does having the font
metrics for a typeface mean that it can be used in any output format?

The same page states that the PS renderer cannot handle True Type fonts. Has
that changed in Trunk?

Thanks