Thanks loads I put my header and footer into the region-before and
region-after of the page and problem solved (for now.)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:d...@jeremias-maerki.ch]
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 3:27 PM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: table overflow onto page 2 into specific region

Not sure I've understood exactly what it is you need. But I'll try.

First of all, you simple need fo:table-header [1] and fo:table-footer
[2] before your fo:table-body. That gives you headers and footers for
the table that is repeated on each page.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#fo_table-header
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#fo_table-footer

An example:
          <fo:table table-layout="fixed" width="100%">
            <fo:table-column number-columns-repeated="2"
column-width="proportional-column-width(1)"/>
            <fo:table-header>
              <fo:table-row>
                <fo:table-cell>
                  <fo:block>header1</fo:block>
                </fo:table-cell>
                <fo:table-cell>
                  <fo:block>header2</fo:block>
                </fo:table-cell>
              </fo:table-row>
            </fo:table-header>
            <fo:table-footer>
              <fo:table-row>
                <fo:table-cell>
                  <fo:block>footer1</fo:block>
                </fo:table-cell>
                <fo:table-cell>
                  <fo:block>footer2</fo:block>
                </fo:table-cell>
              </fo:table-row>
            </fo:table-footer>
            <fo:table-body>
              <fo:table-row>
                <fo:table-cell>
                  <fo:block>cell1</fo:block>
                </fo:table-cell>
                <fo:table-cell>
                  <fo:block>cell2</fo:block>
                </fo:table-cell>
              </fo:table-row>
              <fo:table-row>
                <fo:table-cell>
                  <fo:block>cell3</fo:block>
                </fo:table-cell>
                <fo:table-cell>
                  <fo:block>cell4</fo:block>
                </fo:table-cell>
              </fo:table-row>
            </fo:table-body>
          </fo:table>

Only now, it's getting tricky. You say you need changing content in the
header and footer. That's what table-markers [3][4] from XSL 1.1 are
for.
But unfortunately, this hasn't been implemented, yet. So the only thing
you can try is putting your header and footer content in the
region-before and the region-after of the page. There you can work with
fo:retrieve-marker [5] to access content you specify in fo:marker [6]
elements.

[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#fo_retrieve-table-marker
[4] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#d0e14681
[5] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#fo_retrieve-marker