On 10 Apr 2009, at 07:48, Maria2009 wrote:

Hi

from the Apache FOP compliance page I learn that there is no implementation of float-objects in version 0.95, and no development. But from what I read in earlier posts there seems to be some development of at least the before option -- which seems quite important since graphics can cause a lot of
white space on a page if they cannot be pushed around a bit.

Vincent started an implementation, but that was quite some time ago (patch in Bugzilla 39777).

Nobody ever really got around to carrying the ball and finishing it, but the initial results were quite promising (from what I remember).

What can I expect in the near future -- some before-floats?

In the short term, I don't know of any concrete plans to complete it. It will probably involve quite a lot of effort, since there have been two (maybe even three) releases in the meantime, and the codebase has changed a lot since then.

Unless you have a developer at hand who would be able to implement it, I'm afraid the near future doesn't look quite as promising in that respect...

Regards

Andreas