I'm not an expert, but I'd expect it to be down to the image's colour profile. Maybe the apache batik docs have futher information on how FOP manages colour profiles?

Georg Datterl wrote:
Hi everybody,

please have a look at the attached files. I have a png image, which I place in a pdf. Without doing anything else, the image in the pdf is much brighter than the original image. I'm using the trunk.

Can anybody tell me:
Why is this image brighter?
How can I prevent that?
Where should I place this question, if it is not a FOP issue?
Why always me?

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------

Georg Datterl

Geneon media solutions gmbh
Gutenstetter Straße 8a
90449 Nürnberg

HRB Nürnberg: 17193
Geschäftsführer: Yong-Harry Steiert

Tel.: 0911/36 78 88 - 26
Fax: 0911/36 78 88 - 20

www.geneon.de

Phillip B Oldham
The Activity People
ph...@theactivitypeople.co.uk

Policies

This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named recipient(s) only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error, please reply to this e-mail and highlight the error. No action should be taken regarding content, nor must you copy or show them to anyone.

This e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium, and we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus. We must advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are completely virus free, and that you understand and observe the lack of security when e-mailing us.

begin:vcard
fn:Phillip Oldham
n:Oldham;Phillip
org:The Activity People;Systems Development
email;internet:ph...@theactivitypeople.co.uk
title:Chief Programmer
tel;work:0870 162 4847
x-mozilla-html:TRUE