I'm using FOP 0.20.5 (it's not possible for me to upgrade) and I'm having a
problem with superscripting text when it falls at the beginning of a line.
I use <fo:inline vertical-align="super"> to do the superscript, but when the
superscripted character is the first one in a line, the character is not
"elevated" above the others.

It's pretty simple to recreate - here are the fo and pdf files:

http://cid-ecea845b36037b38.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/fo-superscript-problem.xml
http://cid-ecea845b36037b38.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/output.pdf

I can't believe that no one has come across this before, but I searched
Google and the mailing lists and haven't seen anything about it.

Has anyone seen it or done a workaround for it?  Maybe another way to do
superscripts?