From: Chris Bowditch [mailto:bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com] Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 11:36 AM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: Japanese characters in pdf & Encryption

Bharathram wrote:

Hi,

Hi Lucian Opris, I tried as you mentioned in userconfig.xml But the japanese characters are not displying. Here the file attached containing encrypted pdf and pdf without encryption images. I am expecting the further solution. encrypted+pdf+and+original+pdf.JPG <http://www.nabble.com/file/p26004302/encrypted%2Bpdf%2Band%2Boriginal%2Bpdf.JPG> 1.My user config file contains the following. C:\fop-0.20.5\msmincho.ttc true 2. The Run Command C:\fop-0.20.5>-c conf/userconfig.xml -u test -o test -xsl MultiLang.xsl -xml Lang.xml -pdf sec4.pdf If its not possible in Apache FOP, Pleas provide me a alternative solution. Thanks Bharathram K

I believe it is possible to generate Japanese characters in encrypted PDF with FOP Trunk, but not with v0.20.5, which is over 5 years old now. Please try your FO with the latest FOP from SVN Trunk to confirm if your problem is resolved.

Chris