Chris Bowditch wrote:
Peter Hopfgartner wrote:

Hi Peter,

Is your suggestion about GCJ a bid to improve performance, or it is a new question unrelated to the original thread. If the latter, please start a a new thread in future.

Both.
Would it make sense to try to compile fop with gcj? Does anybody have any experience with that? Is it supposed to work, now?

I don't believe it is currently possible to compile FOP with GCJ. There were some discussions about this previously [1] Last year one of my fellow committers started a Wiki page on the problems with GCJ here [2]

Regards,

Peter

Thanks,

Chris

[1] http://marc.info/?l=fop-user&m=115667900516811&w=2
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/GnuClasspathCompatibility

Thank you, and, please, forgive my thread highjack.

Regrads,

Peter

--

Dott. Peter Hopfgartner