Hi,

The ids get generated on the fly during the XML to FO transformation, for the
original <text> tags, and get output in the FO format as <fo:block id=…> . This
is expressed as

                                        <fo:block id="#{generate-id()}"

in the XSL document. See generate-id() in
http://www.w3schools.com/XSL/func_generateid.asp . So basically, I’m just doing
the XSLT transformation (my own format to FO), and adding as bonus the id
generation. Find the XSLT and FO details below

Cheers

Igor

------

The relevant parts of the XSL look like

        <xsl:template match="body">

                <fo:block space-after.optimum="3pt" space-before.optimum="4pt">

                        <xsl:apply-templates/>

                </fo:block>

        </xsl:template>

      <xsl:template match="text">

                <xsl:if test="@alignment='Left'">

                                        <fo:block id="#{generate-id()}"
font-size="8pt" font-weight="normal" font-family="sans-serif" line-height="9pt"
space-after.optimum="8pt" text-align="left">

                                                <xsl:value-of select="."/>

                                        </fo:block>

                                </xsl:when>

------

A section of the output fo, as produced by apache fo, looks like this (indented
by me) – see how the ids appear in the fo:block tags

<fo:block>

<fo:block text-align="right" space-after.optimum="8pt" line-height="9pt"
font-family="sans-serif" font-weight="normal" font-size="8pt" id="#N10011">

Adress 1 line

</fo:block>

<fo:block text-align="right"space-after.optimum="8pt" line-height="9pt"
font-family="sans-serif" font-weight="normal" font-size="8pt" id="#N10017">

Address 2 line

</fo:block>

<fo:block text-align="center" space-after.optimum="10pt" line-height="13pt"
font-family="sans-serif" font-weight="normal" font-size="12pt" id="#N1001F">

Another text line in different font

</fo:block>

</fo:block>