Lucian Opris wrote:
Hi,

Hi Lucian,

Yes, that's correct I got this error with fop0.95. I don't think I have to
test on trunk- I need to have it work in 2 days.

Of course, you don't *have* to do anything. However, we believe it will work with the trunk version so why not try it? You will be able to download and compile it in less than 2 days.

I've even tried to create the xml metric file  and it failed.
java -classpath
build/fop.jar:lib/avalon-framework-4.2.0.jar:lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar:l
ib/commons-io-1.3.1.jar:lib/xmlgraphics-commons-1.3.1.jar
org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader  /nas/web/fonts/wingding.ttf
/nas/web/fonts/wingding.xml
TTF Reader for Apache FOP 0.95

Parsing font...
Reading /nas/web/fonts/wingding.ttf...
Unsupported TrueType font: Unicode cmap table not present. Aborting

Yes that error is to be expected in FOP 0.95 whether creating metrics or using the font without metrics will result in the same problem: No CMAP table.

Is there out a commercial version which would work? Like type 1 version.

wingding.ttf is a commercial font supplied by Microsoft. If you need an alternative version you will need to speak to a font provider, but if they don't have an off the shelf solution it will take more than 2 days to develop the font.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks
Lucian Opris